Saturday, November 24, 2012

I FEEL PRETTY, SO PRETTY, SO PRETTY....

w
If you’ve watched the movie Anger Management starring Jack Nicolson and Adam Sandler, you’ll definitely be familiar with the title of this piece. As a writer, I’m always seeking for different sources of inspiration for subsequent article material. Of course, i know that actually living my life everyday is one of the best ways to get material to write about. Life is so full of moments and experiences to share that being engaged rather than watching on the sidelines is the most fulfilling way to be inspired. Enough of the philosophizing, I bet you are wondering what has all this got to do with my feeling pretty.

A friend of mine was planning the first edition of her colourful online magazine,Ardent, and I had the privilege of being featured in it. For once, I wasn’t writing for the magazine. My role was simple: get dolled up and pose for photo shots. Since we were all to be ‘el naturelle’, I stretched my hair at the salon and headed to another friend’s beauty studio for the makeup session. From then on, it was a matter of hanging out with a bunch of cool and beautiful lady friends. Having the touch of a professional make-up artist has a way of making even a beautiful woman look more gorgeous and making everyone want a snap shot of their beautiful self. So I got to play armature photographer taking pictures of friends with their phones.

Though it seemed like fun, it soon turned into something meaningful as I found myself being helpful in organizing the ladies being transported to the photo-studio of another friend of mine where I ended up playing hair-stylist on set. What started at 10:30am ended up taking the whole day with me as the last person to be photographed. How best to end my day than a meal of Scotch Egg, Cake and Ice Cream. Now I not only looked pretty, I felt pretty for being helpful. To end the day, I kept up my appearance to impress hubby when he returned from work and when he saw how pretty I was, he went ‘wow’. But these amateur shots of me and a few others are nothing compared to the professional shots taken.

Check out my one day of fame day as a ‘celebrity’ writer by visiting www.jemimasemoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been ages since I used this blog to write anything. This doesn't mean I haven't been writing. But rather, I have been writing...