Friday, February 24, 2017

#TWH vs #TheQuilt


Many people misunderstand The Writers' Hub (#TWH) initiative directed towards secondary schools for The Quilt sales (my first printed Book). This is to set the record straight.

The Writers Hub Initiative (#TWH) began last year in May when I was planning to launch the printed copy of The Quilt. I decided to do something to inform children who are passionate about writing about the many career opportunities being a writer presents as well as the importance of reading regularly. Any observant Nigerian will know that the quality of English language spoken and written in the country is deteriorating, even university graduates have very poor use of the English. This yearning for students to become passionate about reading and English was echoed through the many Principals I met in person. I figured the best way to get people interested in English is by exposing them to something entertaining and informative like stories. That was how introducing The Quilt to secondary School students came about. The stories are written in clear simple sentences that make it an easy read.

While #TWH is directed towards improving the reading culture in secondary schools by making quality books available to their library and literary clubs (starting off with The Quilt, a collection of stories written by Me); it in no way means that The Quilt is a children's book.

Yes, it has a wide range of readership from 9-55years old, it is especially for young adults as well because the older we grow the less likely we are to read for leisure. One great way to ensure you are constantly reading is by reading short stories. They are easy to finish and can give you the satisfaction of accomplishment because you've read something worthwhile.
photo credit:@phenzy_jay

And what better way to hit reading milestones than to read a book with multiple stories in it. There are many books which do this but I will always recommend my book, The Quilt is a collection of short stories.

Hopefully, I'll be dropping more on this book and my other ebook, Being Mummy and Me (#BMandM) on my blog monthly.

The Quilt is on Okada books app and currently in London, Lagos, Warri and will be hitting the shores of Abuja this month.

Want one? Contact me via email at annesievoadje@gmail.com or on twitter, @annkite0. You can even send me a message on my facebook page or as an inbox to my facebook profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been ages since I used this blog to write anything. This doesn't mean I haven't been writing. But rather, I have been writing...