Friday, June 1, 2018

Upcoming New Projects... anticipate!

Whenever a writer goes silent on social media, chances are that something is being created. Or it could mean they are just lazy and too busy watching films and reading books to comment on anything. Regardless, I want to apologise to my readers for the long silence on my blog. I tried writing something in March. It was a movie review on Black Panther but then everyone was doing it and the movie kept getting bigger so I abandoned ship.

Anyway, it's a new month (June) and a great time to start something wonderful. 

During my three months hiatus, I was very busy working on several projects. I also spoke at different training sessions to people on being better writers and transforming organisational values into a culture. Sorry, there are no pictures to show for it *weeping*.



I was also privileged to anchor services with a church audience of over 300 persons. I read a 2003 poem by Carroll Sonny on The Empowered Woman during the last mother's day celebration in May. 

But as we face the end of the first half of the year, I can't help but want to share some things I have been up to with you. Here is an excerpt from my Novel, Freakshow, which is still a work in progress:

"She rushed to the bathroom, turned on the hot water. Steam filled the bathroom. It was one thing to have a recurrent nightmare but one that evolves in its storytelling, she had never seen. One that felt so real that she felt pain where she was touched. It definitely required some help in being explained. She put on all the lights in the house. Ran through her things and Patience’s CD collection looking for any Christian song to play. She found an old Don Moen CD, slotted it in, raised the volume so it could be heard everywhere in the house as it played. She left the bathroom door slightly ajar and drew the shower blinds.
When she pulled back the shower curtain, she saw the mirror fogged with steam and the words HELP ME inscribed on it. Now she was losing it. The mindless fear was gone. What she felt now was sheer panic flooding her veins. Someone was in here! Someone wrote this! She ran out of the bathroom, holding back a stifled scream. She put on her clothes. Grab a bag and head for the door. Preye turned the door handle but it wouldn’t budge. She shook it, twisting the key in all directions but the door would not open. Preye banged the door hard, hoping the neighbours would hear and come to her aid. Still nothing.
She stood in the parlour, clutching her handbag to her chest. Not sure what she should do. Don Moen’s voice coed from the speakers. Her body trembled. Preye felt someone walk behind her. She turned around and saw no one. Then she sat on the chair, pulled her leg off the floor and held it to her chest. Tears helplessly found their way to her jawline navigating through her checks. Easy now, steady your thoughts. There is electricity. Gospel music is playing. Calm yourself down, she thought.
“Nothing is happening; it is all in your head,” she said to herself.  
After a few minutes, she felt her body relax. There was nothing to fear. All she had to do was calmly go back to the door and open it. She put her legs on the ground. Before she could take a step, a hand gripped it. She looked down. She could visibly see the dead looking fingers wrapped around her ankle. Goosebumps rippled down her arms. She could hardly move, fear loomed around her like a noxious cloud. She heard it in a distant.
A shrill cry.
It tore at her vocal chords.
As the sound reached her ears, she snapped her eyes open. Brought her head back down to see more hands appear and grab both her legs. She fell face down to the ground; hitting her head so hard that she passed out.
Even in the darkness, the horror refused to end." 

I hope it made your day. To see the other things I have been working on, like my Tourism Column at the Connect Nigeria Info Portal, visit here.
The articles there can help you plan an amazing family vacation any time of the year. They are filled with the latest news of who is doing what when and it can also inform you on all things travel and tourism.  

My Facebook pages have also been active for those who are interested. you can visit them too: my writers' page and my blog's page.
Meanwhile, some people have been clamouring for me to release another book soon. but all great things take time. So quenching the thirst, I put out a suspense story to whet your appetite along with another non-fiction book titled,  Parents and Children.



Don't worry, I have your best interest at heart always. If you still haven't gotten a copy of my books, The Quilt and Being Mummy and Me, I have just one question to ask you, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been ages since I used this blog to write anything. This doesn't mean I haven't been writing. But rather, I have been writing...